Mystery Z-80 SBC
Thanks to the helpful folks at the Vintage Computer Forums this board has been identified as the main board of a Xerox 820 computer, a close relative of the Ferguson Big Board I.
(Images of board below. Click on images for more detailed view.)
I have some other projects already lined up, but once they're done I'll see if I can restore this board to its former glory. Current work lined up includes:
- Completion of my 8085-based trainer, the "MAG-85"
- Transfer of my Ampro Little Board Plus system to its permanent enclosure.
- Assisting a teen in constructing an Elf computer.
- Putting my Ferguson Big Board I system into a rackmount cabinet, and modifying the disk drives to have a power relay so they shut off when not being accessed.
- Restoring a Kaypro 10 with a bad hard disk and no standard Kaypro ROM (required for software restore.)
So, it'll probably be a year at soonest. Watch my electronics page for more on these projects.
I got these boards in a lot with quite a few others and didn't know what they are. One is populated, the other is bare. Click on the images below for larger, more detailed views. Thanks for looking!